Sunday 9 June 2019

STEM Challenge - 31/05/2019

For last Fridays STEM challenge each group was given a zoo animal and they needed to design and build a suitable habitat for their animal, to be added to Orana Park.

First we discussed what a habitat was and what we would need to find out about each animal so we could build a habitat were they would be safe and happy. Then we brainstormed some questions and each group was given a turn on an IPAD so they could google the questions for their animal and collect the information needed. Then the groups planned and then created their habitats... They are AMAZING!!! The children were so persistent and creative and each group was very successful. We took videos at the end of the groups presenting their habitat and explaining what they included for their animal and why.
Room 8 then came over and had a look and some of the children showed them their habitats and explained what they were for and what was in them.

Here are some photos of the kids working hard. Unfortunately the videos are too big to upload so I am going to try and find a solution so I can hopefully share them soon.

The recycled materials you have been bringing in have been fantastic but the kids used nearly everything we had for this challenge so please keep bringing stuff in so we can continue our STEM challenges.  Boxes, plastic bottles, bottle lids, egg cartons, paper towel tubes etc.


































No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:

1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.

2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.

3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Encourage me to make another post