Friday 17 May 2019

Buddy Reading

This term we have started buddy reading to increase reading mileage and give the students a fun new way to experience reading with their peers.

One student is a reader and one is a helper and both get a turn at reading to the other. For the readers this is another way they can spend some time reading, practice their reading strategies and increase their word knowledge. For the helpers this is a chance for them to work on their fluency and expression.

The format is based off this tutorial video from youtube incase you want to give it a try at home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8LWdDEZkY&t=164s

Here are some photos and a couple of videos of some of the kids reading together today.












1 comment:

  1. This is very cool! Love seeing how the kids are doing during the day. Looks so beneficial buddy reading.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:

1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.

2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.

3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Encourage me to make another post