Friday 17 May 2019

STEM challenge - 17/05/2019

STEM challenge - Paper Chain 17/05/2019

We kept it simple today for our STEM challenge and focused on working together to complete the given task. First we did a brainstorm together of what team work would look like and sound like.

The goal was to make the longest paper chain and each group was given 3 sheets of paper. I was really impressed with the team work the students showed today and every single group successfully completed the activity.

After we had measured their group chains the kids thought it would be fun to join all the chains together to see how long it would be!

Here are some photos and a fun video of the super long chain.



























3 comments:

  1. Joseph and I loved watching the Video. He was very excited to tell me all about it. Great team work guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristan really enjoys the STEM challanges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Stella came home very excited to tell me all about this STEM challenge. I loved hearing that you all thought it was a great idea to join them together and see what you had created as a class. The video of the chain just kept going and going and going. Awesome team work!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:

1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.

2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.

3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Encourage me to make another post