Thursday 9 May 2019

STEM challenge


Friday 3rd May - STEM Challenge!

Today we completed our first STEM challenge. (Science, technology, engineering and math)

The students goal was to create a free standing newspaper tower that was higher than 60cms.

First the group had to complete a planning sheet and then show a teacher. Once this was completed they were given their resources.

  • Four sheets of newspaper
  • 30cms of cellotape 
  • Scissors.
That was all they could use and there were bonus points for the tallest tower.

We were blown away by the students ability to work together to design and build a creative solution to their problem and all of the groups had great success!

Here are some photos of the students working hard on their plans and towers!

Looking forward to the next STEM challenge already!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:

1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.

2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.

3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Encourage me to make another post